Necessary Comfort

August 6, 2015



 This summer I've traded all my high heels in for comfortable flats.
Dress: Native Rose | Jeans: H&M (self ripped) Sandals: Vagabond (similar hereSunglasses: Max & Co Bag: ASOS 
Weirdly enough I actually though about this only today, coming home from work when I saw couple of girls walking in heels. Usually the first thought that comes to mind is "I wonder if she's in pain". After one painful heel experience that is all I can think about when I see girls on high heels. The next though of course is about the heels - are they a yay or nay. But today it got me thinking about myself and my heels that are still stored home in boxes, because I've spent all of the summer in comfortable flats. That last #ootd post doesn't count because there was a shoe switch for the photos. I did go home in those and I regretted that decision pretty much in the first four minutes. Pretty as they are, they are pain to walk in. Which bothers me - have I lost my high heel game?
But with the summer we have been having so far (the last two days don't count) it's no wonder. I've been living in my Converse ever since I got them and now on hotter days I take these Vagabonds for a spin. And these sandals are so damn comfortable (like most of the Vagabond shoes), why would I even want to wear uncomfortable high heels? 

What have you been wearing this summer mostly? Flats or heels?

Photos by Līva 
You May Also Enjoy

12 comments:

  1. Ļoti forša kleita :) un mati un make-up un pati :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. es tā aizdomājos, kur tā papēžu valkāšana ikdienā aizsākusies.... sex and the city? ir papēžkurpes, kas ir ikdienas kurpes tomēr... man laikam kādi 3 pāri - ērtas, papēži nav augsti.... bet tad atkal, kedas un šļūcnes un visi pārējie nepapēži ir visi stila bērni tā dara.... mans persiniskais piegājiens šai stellei ir - ikdiena kedas party augsti augsti papēži.... traki izskatās, ka uz skolu mazam bērnam mamma pakaļ iet visaugstākajos papē'žos...uhh

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how you styled this dress, very unique!

    http://www.theaisleofstyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. that dress/top looks so pretty. also love the bag that ads a pop of color
    www.thefashionfraction.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That dress is a treasure! I love how it's so easy to style it down with jeans or wear it as a lbd :)

      Delete
  5. I love how you've paired the dressy tunic with more distressed jeans. You look beautiful, by the way!

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your top and I ADORE the bag! You look really good <3

    xo xo
    Marina
    http://mmfashionbites.blogspot.gr/2015/08/cats-n-dogs.html
    http://mmfashionbites.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's actually a dress ;)
      Yh, that bag was a great find!
      Thaank you!

      Delete
  7. Very nice casual look :)

    http://www.bisousnatasha.com/a-look-inside-ralph/

    ReplyDelete