When you have a strong vision in mind, don't let the circumstances set you back.
Sweater: H&M (similar here, and here) | Skirt: Alksne Sunglasses: Dior
Originally I had visualized to make this shoot with a different kind of maxi skirt, but things didn't work out as planned. Not wanting to let that stop me from realizing the idea I had in mind, I decided to make a skirt myself. And actually I think the end result looks much better with this skirt than it would have with the one I originally wanted. They say that sometimes if things  don't work out, it only means that it was meant to happen like that and that better things are going to happen instead. I know I'm talking about a skirt here, but it stands as a example too - don't give up, find alternatives, work with what you have!  
Also it got me back to sewing again. Without this skirt, many other garments have joined my wardrobe (soon going to show off a little black dress I made). I just love that feeling when I finish that last stitch, steam it and hang it on a hanger and put it in my wardrobe. Gives me satisfaction.I have gotten to the point where most of the things I make are not going straight to the bin, but are wearable. It was a long learning process. Of course, I still have a lot of things to learn, for example, how to perfectly sew in that zipper, because those are still giving me a headache. But one garment at a time. 
Do you sew? Have you tried?
Photos by Līva Bambale